Monday, November 2

FALL(ING IN LOVE WITH THESE) OUTFITS

Monday, November 2

Fall is here! The temperature is starting to get colder in various parts of the world and it is finally time to bust those cosy outerwear out of the closet again. As I scroll through the countless autumn #ootds that has been trickling into my instagram feed, I rhetorically wondered why I live so close to the Equator and wished that we would, at least, be blessed with more rainy days here. Although we may not be able to join in on the layering action, I am glad that does not stop us from getting some fashion inspiration and treating ourselves during Zalora's upcoming Black Friday sale!

And speaking of fashion inspiration, I have been religiously tuning in to watch the new horror comedy series called Scream Queens. I am in love with the ultra chic ensembles the girls are always strutting around in! Think pastels (mostly pink, of course!), faux fur coats, stacks of pearl necklaces, thigh high socks and high heels. It's Mean Girls meets Friday the 13th and it's been one plot twist after another. And can you imagine my excitement when I can dress like one of the Chanels or create Scream Queens inspired coordinates from pieces found on Zalora? All items listed below can be ordered on the site and some are on sale too!
WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS?
"I would not get personal with me, sweetheart. I don't fight fair."
MANGO blouse / TOPSHOP foil pleated skirt and textured clutch / ILIA lipstick
SUNNIES STUDIOS dovie sunglasses / ZALORA pumps
PUMPKIN SPICE
"I'll have a trenta no foam, 5-shot, half-caf, no foam pumpkin spice latte with no foam at 210 degrees."
TOPSHOP flared sleeve top, A-line skirt, chunky platforms, cateye sunglasses, hat and bag  
WULALA! pizza crossbody bag / TOCCA amethyst bracelet / INGLOT matte 421 lipstick
DANCE WITH THE DEVIL
A dance with the devil
ZALORA cut out crop top and pencil skirt / INGLOT matte 429 lipstick / TOPSHOP chelsea boots
JEMSA necklace / ZALORA lightweight jacket / RIVER ISLAND satchel / TOPSHOP hat
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself… or in this case, serial killers.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself… or in this case, serial killers.
MDSCOLLECTION dress / SUNNIES STUDIO sunglasses / SOMETHING BORROWED bracelet
NEW LOOK purse / SOMETHING BORROWED bracelet & ring / MELISSA flats / RIVER ISLAND purse

It goes without saying that Summer and being dressed in bright colours go hand in hand with each other. So, maybe it is just the cold and gloomy weather that somehow makes people prefer muted hues like burgundy, earthy tones, navy and of course, black. There is no denying that black is such a timeless colour as it never goes out of style and has always been dominant on the runway. For the past few years, the colour palette for Autumn tends to be more on the darker end of the colour spectrum. But I was certainly surprised to see a lot more colours than usual during the recent Autumn/Winter collections. Stark whites, powdery pastels, teal, metallic silver, classic reds, cadmium orange and even just bold, bright colours were making several appearances on the runway.

As someone who enjoys being dressed in black (like the colour of my soul), it was interesting to see how easy it was to incorporate these Autumn colour trends into my 4 themed outfits. I always love that there are no rules when it comes to fashion and it is all about having fun, experimenting with trends and put your own spin to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and making my day! ♡
If you leave any questions, do check back for my reply.